Tuesday, September 28, 2010

and then there were none.


Ten little Soldier boys went out to dine;
One choked his little self and then there were nine.

Nine little Soldier boys sat up very late;
One overslept himself and then there were eight.

Eight little Soldier boys traveling in Devon;
One said he'd stay there and then there were seven.

Seven little Soldier boys chopping up sticks;
One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.

Six little Soldier boys playing with a hive;
A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.

Five little Soldier boys going in for law;
One got in Chancery and then there were four.

Four little Soldier boys going out to sea;
A red herring swallowed one and then there were three.

Three little Soldier boys walking in the zoo;
A big bear hugged one and then there were two.

Two Little Soldier boys sitting in the sun;
One got frizzled up and then there was one.

One little Soldier boy left all alone;
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none.

'And Then There Were None'. I would say it is one of the best books I have ever read after 'The Da Vinci Code'. Read the poem. I was so driven to read the book after reading the poem. Its a really small book packed with full of suspense.

No words to explain. I loved the book. I'm off to read more of Agatha Christie's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this was really a wonderful poem . At first i though you wrote it , but i was disappointed when I saw the last 4 lines :P But this poem has tempted me go to for the book :)

Pooja... said...

I read this novel almost 6-7 years back...then saw a movie based loosely on this novel during B.Tech days...don't remember the name though...

And just a week back saw a play held in the campus based on this novel...though I remember the background n story line almost completely, and even though the high point of this novel is its mystery, I must say I throughly enjoyed it even the third time...

Its one of the must read classic thriller...one of Agatha's best :)

Wormhole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin