Tuesday, September 18, 2012

flipkart. 1. 2. 3. and counting.

I'm not so sure about what's happening with Flipkart these days. Is it just for me or is it because of the items I purchase or God-knows-what?

Incident 1:
I purchased a book - A Drink Before the War by Dennis Lehane around a month ago. It was supposed to deliver within 7-8 business days and so it did. I was happy that I got the book because I'd been searching for that book for a long time. I opened the cover and I was shocked. I mean, literally. The book looked OLD even before I opened it. I thought that's how the book might be for I've seen new books which look old. I opened it and went through the pages. I felt the book and its pages are flexible than it really ought to be. I checked the back-cover and there it was - a writing. It wasn't visible. It was pencil-written-and-then-erased. It didn't fail to leave a mark though. It was a used-book and I didn't want to spend Rs.550 on a used book. I contacted Flipkart and they arranged for a reverse pick up.

Incident 2:
Another book again - Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. I wanted to buy that book because I loved the movie. Again, I had to wait for 5-6 business days. At the end of 6 business days, my order got cancelled. I was like- WTF. I contacted Flipkart again. They said the book is Out-of-stock and they will refund the money to my wallet within 7-10 business days. They made me wait all these days just to cancel my order. They could have done this before.

Incident 3:
Not a book this time. It was a camera bag. Again I spent 3k for this camera bag and as usual I had to wait for 7-8 business days. It was mentioned that the product will be shipped on so-and-so date and delivery date would be so-and-so. I waited all these days and the status was still 'Processing' even on the day it was supposed to be shipped. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday and the status was still 'Processing'. I contacted them again. They said they will check the status and let me know within a business day and apologized for the delay. Okay, whatever. And today, the order got cancelled because the product is Out-of-stock and informed me that the money will be refunded to my wallet.

I'm not sure what these people are doing. But you are FLIPKART guys, for crying out loud. I've bought more than 75 items and have spent more than 50K and I'm really surprised to see something like this happening. Happening once is fine. This is the third time. Please keep your inventory updated or  ask your vendors to keep you posted. Checking the inventory once the order is placed isn't a good practice. I hope you guys are not falling behind on quality and services. I've been a strong supporter of Flipkart and will always be. Just, don't let things like this happen again.

Photo Credit: T Rolf / Image

1 comment:

Insignia said...

Hmm I am still old school, no fan of online shopping. But nowadays I have started :)

Wormhole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin