Saturday, September 8, 2012

this isn't happening.


This was happening too frequently to be a coincidence. She’s there, again. 

She’s looking at me. She’s making me blush. I look at her. She's smiling - that ever-so-gorgeous smile. I want to sit closer to her. It stinks here. Let’s sit somewhere else, I say. No, he says. It doesn’t matter. I can see her. I’m sure she can see me too.

I can see her looking at me. Our eyes meet a hell lot of times. It’s making me embarrassed. I don’t regret. She’s so beautiful. Next time I should come alone. He always insists to come along with me. I can’t just ignore him. Of course I can. 

I know she likes me. And I like the fact that she likes me.

I haven’t said anything to him. I don’t want to. I look at him. I ask him something. He isn’t listening. What’s he…Oh wait. Why is he smiling? I didn’t ask anything even remotely funny. 

I’ll be back in a moment, I say. I get up and walk past him. I glance at her from the corner of my eye. Our eyes meet again. Not a hint of acquaintance. Yet, she was smiling...at him.

It wasn’t a coincidence. He was always there! He was always there with me whenever she was around.

God, I want to die.

Photo Credit: Dipu Das / Image

6 comments:

Vinati said...

Poor protagonist. :D

Loved the way you have written it. The briskness of emotions kept me hooked.

Phewww said...

Mirage
thanks for stoppin by.. :) glad that u liked it.. :D

Sahana Rao said...

Helplessness brilliantly worded. Loved reading this. :)

Phewww said...

Thank u sahana.. :)

Alcina said...

I seriously want to know what was the cord that kept me reading it but i failed to discover it...can you please please explain what you wrote..i am missing on a big part here and i want to know what is it.

Phewww said...

Alcina..
you arent missin anythin.. :P :D

its just what someone feels when he came to know that the girl he likes like someone else... :P ;)

Wormhole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin